Summer in the Highlands 2017 starts tonight June 9th 6:00 pm. with Studio 2 The Beatles Band playing at 6:00 and the Movie “Sing” at Dusk at Hyde Playground!
Also the 42nd Newton Highlands Village Day is just two days away! Here is some information in advance of the event!
- Lincoln St will be closed to traffic from 9am – 5pm, (except for vendors who can unload until 10am)
- The Village Day 5K Road Race starts at 10am. Register for the race online or on race day starting at 8am at the Hyde. First 150 signups get a free tech race T-shirt (designed by Eunice Feller!)
- We are ordering 100 folding chairs for your comfort.
- This year we are introducing food trucks – Falafel/Mediterranean and Trolley Dogs (all beef hot dogs and fries). They will be set up in the parking lot near the Brookline Bank Fun Zone. We will have some tables and chairs there so you can eat comfortably.
- Other food options: Anna’s Taqueria, Bread and Chocolate, Newton Pizza House, Walnut Market, O’Hara’s, Fleck Coffee and Indulge! will all be open.
- There will be two stages of live music. Headliners include Stacey Peasley, Ebinho Caroso, and Newton’s own Chris Pitts who will lead a jazz jam at the East stage. Check the full schedule here.
- FREE face painting, caricature, bounce houses
- The Ligerbots will be coming and kids can try out a robot!
- We already have over 65 vendors signed up for booths.
We are grateful to our sponsors for making this event possible!
Whole Foods (race/platinum sponsor)
Anna’s Taqueria (gold)
The Village Bank (gold)
Salon Capri (gold)
Brookline Bank (gold)
Highlands Wine & Spirits (bronze)
Village Day is a production of the Newton Highlands Neighborhood Area Council in partnership with the Newton Highlands Community Development Corporation.
Thanks and we hope to see you at Village Day!
Highlands Village Day Planning Committee